Thursday 24 December 2009

Happy Christmas from Tenerife!

I just want to say a huge happy Christmas to you all.  I am currently in Tenerife as the ship has it's annual maintenance and surveys to ensure we are able to continue to serve the people of Africa.  It is a wonderful time for the crew to take a break and wind down from what was a long and intense field service and to spend a bit of time in a Western culture.  I am working with the medical equipment as we prepare ready for going to Togo the very end of January, however, the net couple of days are ship holidays as we celebrate Christmas.

It is weird being here for Christmas as many of the traditions and feelings (and weather!) which I associate with Christmas are missing.  With so many changes and so much to take in it is difficult to even try and get into a Christmas mood, but hopefully as we take a break I will be able to focus on the real reason I celebrate Christmas - the birth of Christ.


And finally I want to wish you again a Happy Christmas!  This last year has been a real journey getting here, and there are so many people, without whom I would not be here.  The support I have received both spiritually, financially, practically and emotionally has been incredible; THANK YOU all for everything you have done.  It is a real blessing to be able to share with you as I continue this journey, and I know the next year will be a year of many new experiences and lots of learning.  I hope that you are truly blessed over this Christmas period and the coming year.

0 comments: