Saturday 3 October 2009

Cowboy Church!

Here in Texas the Cowboy Church is a big thing!  I thought people were joking when they said about going to the Cowboy Church but they weren't.  The Cowboy Church idea is a church that is centred around God and the Bible, but is made up of Cowboys (ranch men) who understand each other and can reach out to other Cowboys.  I've never seen so many cowboy boots and hats in a church service, nor horses in the car park, or horseshoes making up the pulpit!  It was incredible.  The worship was country style (although I did know a few of the songs which included Do Lord, oh Do Lord, oh Do remember me - for anyone from Stotfold Salvation Army, where I used to sing in singing company (children's choir) when I was growing up), and the preaching used illustrations relevant to Cowboys, but it was really good.

0 comments: