Tuesday 13 October 2009

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Well this question is all about perception, if you can perceive it does it therefore exist or something along those lines.  Whilst of course I spend huge amounts of time pondering these obviously crucial(!) questions in life, this one is not top of my list!  However, I do know that if a tree falls at the IOC I definitely hear it, particularly when it is a tree as big as this!

I might add that there are normally cars all along the side where the silver car is (in the second picture to the left of the fallen tree) and it was incredible that no cars were injured in the falling of this tree.

I can only presume that the tree fell down due to the torrential rain (yes it has rained more here than in the UK whilst I've been here) that we have had today.

0 comments: